Arthritis Treatment | Osteoarthritis Doctor in Birmingham AL
Arthritis may occur in connection with a specific disease, or it may develop slowly as a byproduct of everyday wear and tear on the joints. Whatever the cause of your joint pain, stiffness and inflammation, you probably know all too well how debilitating this condition can be.
The good news is that you don't have to "just live with it" or anesthetize yourself with potentially harmful painkillers. Here at Gremmels Chiropractic Center Inc., our arthritis doctors in Birmingham AL can identify the underlying cause of your arthritis and provide natural, drug-free treatment options.
While arthritis in general is characterized by joint inflammation, it may take several different forms and attack the body for different reasons. The principal types of arthritis include:
- Osteoarthritis - This common form of arthritis, also known as degenerative joint disease (DJD), often occurs after years of joint strain and overuse. It involves a progressive, irreversible breakdown of the cartilage that cushions the joints.
- Rheumatoid arthritis - Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disorder that inflames and sometime deforms multiple joints. It is infamous for its ability to come and go unpredictably.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus - SLE is another type of autoimmune disease that wreaks havoc on the joints while also producing rashes, internal organ problems, seizures and other symptoms.
- Fibromyalgia - Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain condition associated with abnormal pain sensitivity and the development of muscle knots that act as trigger points for systemic pain. It frequently occurs alongside rheumatoid arthritis and SLE.
- Gout - Gout is an extremely painful form of acute arthritis caused by the creation of uric acid crystals in the joints and tissues.
- Juvenile arthritis - Believe it or not, even children can get arthritis. There are several varieties of juvenile arthritis, including those related to RA, lupus and fibromyalgia.
Visit Our Arthritis Doctor in Birmingham AL
If you need an arthritis doctor in Birmingham AL, talk to us first! Dr. Kent Gremmels, our chiropractor at Gremmels Chiropractic Center, Inc., is happy to provide natural treatment methods that can help you manage arthritis pain without becoming over-reliant on drugs. Our safe, effective methods include:
- Chiropractic adjustment - We can administer musculoskeletal adjustments, either by hand or with the aid of specialized instruments, to help restore freedom of motion in stiffened joints.
- Ultrasound therapy - Ultrasound is good for more than just imaging. The therapeutic application of sound waves act as a form of massage that soothes painful joints, decreasing welling and stiffness at the same time.
- Physical therapy - Gentle stretches and other forms of therapeutic exercise can keep joints as limber as possible. We can also help you increase your strength and endurance to improve your balance on arthritic weight-bearing joints.
Don't let arthritis set boundaries and limitations on your life. Contact Gremmels Chiropractic Center Inc. to set up an initial consultation. We want to be your arthritis doctor in Birmingham AL!